Care: Silver will naturally oxidize and patina with time and this can be removed using a simple jewellery polishing cloth. To keep it in good condition avoid spraying perfume or putting lotion on the skin near the jewellery and remove before swimming or bathing. Keep it stored in a cool and dry area.
Caring For and Wearing Your Jewellery
- To help protect the durability and high-quality of your jewellery, remove your jewellery when you shower, bathe or engage in heavy exercise, particularly when swimming in the sea or a chlorinated swimming pool.
- All of our gemstones are natural and therefore can be vulnerable to absorbing dirt and to chipping. Settings may also become loose over-time.
- Avoid spraying perfume, applying creams or any other liquids directly onto your jewellery.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery when using bleach, cleaning products and other chemicals.
How to Store Your Jewellery
- We highly recommend that you store your jewellery in the original tarnish free tissue it is packaged in when not wearing.
- Ideally store your pieces of jewellery separately, so that they don’t rub together or become tangled.
Cleaning Precious Metals
- A Silver cleaner can be used to clean Sterling Silver pieces but not 18ct Rose or Yellow Gold Vermeil.
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they can cause scratching.
- Regular white toothpaste also works well on Sterling Silver
- All of our gemstones are natural and therefore can be vulnerable to absorbing dirt and to chipping. Settings may also become loose over-time. Do not wear your jewellery with gemstones in hot tubs, pools or other areas where they will be exposed to chemicals.
How to Prevent Tarnishing
- Some of our Sterling Silver product is protected with an anti-tarnish solution to help prevent tarnish but this may eventually wear with time.
- Silver tarnishes rapidly when exposed to certain substances in our everyday lives so we recommend caring for, wearing and storing your jewellery as mentioned above.